Our Saviour’s was organized and sponsored by the Virginia Synod of the United Lutheran Church in American. Pastor Kenneth Carbaugh was the church’s organizing pastor and served as its pastor for 53 years.
As a mission congregation founded and infused with members from St. John’s Lutheran and First Lutheran Norfolk, it first met at the Bayside Pine Elementary school. In 1956, with its official charter the congregation built and met in its first church facility at 4200 Shore drive.
In 1978, the current sanctuary was built and the former sanctuary designated as the fellowship hall. Following Pastor Carbaugh’s retirement, the fellowship hall was renamed Carbaugh Hall to honor his ministry.
Our Saviour’s celebrated its 60th anniversary in 2016.